The Digital Public Health Graduate Program provides an interdisciplinary and international training from Master to Doctorate in epidemiology, biostatistics, computing and social sciences to explore the impact of digital public health on society.
The university of Bordeaux created in 2018 a multidisciplinary Graduate Research Program including three Doctoral Schools:
- SP2 – Societies, Politics, Public Health (Sociétés, Politiques, Santé Publique);
- MI – Mathematics and Informatics (Mathématiques et Informatique);
- SVS – Life and Health Sciences (Sciences de la Vie et de la Santé).
The Digital Public Health Graduate Program (DPH), is a project conceived by the Bordeaux Population Health research centre (BPH) and the Bordeaux School of Public Health (ISPED) and awarded by the third French Investments for the Future Programme (Programme d’Investissement d’Avenir, PIA3). Project reference 17-EURE-0019.
The Digital Public Health Graduate Program includes a Master of Science “Public Health Data Science”, a Doctoral Program (PhD), a vocational University Diploma (DU) which responds to the needs articulated by regional and international private companies (under creation), and an online course of study (MOOC) focused on data science so that applicants to the Master can catch up on topics about epidemiology, informatics and statistics (under creation).
Strengths of the program
- International collaboration and mobility
- The program counts on numerous academic and industrial partners
- Modular and multidisciplinary teaching approach based on the digital innovation brought by big data and connected devices
- Innovative training methodologies based on real-life projects and data-centered
Key scientific fields: Public Health, Epidemiology, Biostatistics, Digital and IT Sciences, Humanities.
Digital innovations open up new opportunities to improve the health of individuals and populations. The next generation of young professionals will need to be able to respond to interdisciplinary issues in an increasingly complex world.
Rodolphe THIEBAUT — Scientific director
Digital Public Health Graduate Program
Université de Bordeaux
146 rue Léo Saignat