Apply in PhD Funding
This year, the Digital Public Health Graduate Program of the University of Bordeaux & the Public Health Data Science Network came together to open an international PhD call for doctoral fellowships and give them the opportunity to apply to two grants according to your research project.
The DPH PhD program is open to doctoral students from all fields relevant to Digital Public Health, regardless of their field of study of origin. Eligible students are expected to hold a Master of Science in one major discipline (e.g. public health, informatics, epidemiology, statistics, mathematics, sociology, etc.). The subject of the thesis must be related to digital public health.
For PHDS network grant specifically, applications require a co-supervision between two partners from the University of Bordeaux. Any co-supervised PhD project associating a methodological challenge with a public health problem is eligible. However, five research directions of particular interest to the PHDS network have already been identified:
- Translate complex, noisy, incomplete and high dimensional observations into mechanistic models
- Develop causal inference techniques for the complex dynamic settings encountered in epidemiological cohorts
- Improve individual predictions of health outcomes using statistical modelling and learning
- Unravel complex data structures using clustering methods
- Develop machine learning techniques for complex health data
Furthermore, the PhD student is expected to:
- Have a thorough training in research skills,
- Prove an excellent academic and scientific level,
- Be fluent in English, both oral and written (C1),
- Be able and willing to work in an interdisciplinary environment.
PhD students' Engagement
Doctoral students commit to mention the PIA3 funding (Investment for the Future) from which the EUR DPH benefits, with its project reference, for any publication or research result resulting from a visit or a project supported by the EUR DPH.
Project reference: L’EUR DPH bénéficie d’une aide de l’Etat gérée par l’Agence Nationale de la Recherche au titre du programme d’investissement d’avenir portant la référence 17-EURE-0019. // This PhD program is supported within the framework of the PIA3 (Investment for the future). Project reference 17-EURE-0019.
Digital Public Health Graduate Program
Université de Bordeaux
146 rue Léo Saignat